Just me talking about costume-y kind of stuff
Much like last year, there's really only one number we're doing a lot of sewing for. It was supposed to be the Bollywood number but that got cancelled. Instead, Rowdy's Robot dance has become the crafty project. We ordered white coveralls for the eight dancers and we are washing and tea staining them so they are not brilliantly white. Next step is to add the robotic elements at the shoulder, elbow, and knee joints. I used black knit fabric to make the backgrounds and cut strips of multi-colored yarn of varying gauges and then used silver piping to sew them down to the knit. We're hopefully going to do six per dancer. The back of the coveralls will get a different number painted on in black. We're trying to make the robots look decayed and forgotten so there will be much distressing. I used lumbar support belts for the middles and we added the same yarn and piping technique for the wires. We eliminated the shoulder joints because we ran out of time to make 16 more of anything
Leave a Reply.